Who is the contracting organisation for the studies?
The Nuclear Energy Act places the responsibility for the safety of the nuclear power plants in the hands of the operators. It is their duty to demonstrate safety to the regulatory authority ENSI. The studies on reassessing the seismic hazard were therefore commissioned and paid for by the operators.
The administrative lead on the PEGASOS study lay with Nagra. The scientific aspects of the project were led by two American experts who were extensively involved in the development of the SSHAC guidelines.
The administration of the PEGASOS Refinement Project (PRP) is the responsibility of swissnuclear, the nuclear energy section ofswisselectric. Given the smaller scope of the project, scientific project management was taken over by one of the two original American experts.
- Why has the seismic hazard been reassessed?
- How was the PEGASOS project carried out?
- Why are guidelines needed for the seismic hazard analysis?
- Why were the results of PEGASOS not directly implemented?
- Why is PEGASOS being refined?
- Why was there an interim assessment of the seismic hazard in 2011?
- Where can I find the results of the PEGASOS study?
- Have the PEGASOS results lost weight in the meantime?
- Who are the experts? Were the same experts used in the PEGASOS and PRP projects?
- Who is the contracting organisation for the studies?
- What is the role of ENSI in PEGASOS and the PRP?
- What are the milestones?